> Posted by Michelle Romeu
From the US to Mexico and India to Egypt, this week’s Top Picks offers a global view of the microfinance community:
- Jonathan Bauchet and the Indian School of Business share the initial results of SKS’s “Targeting the Ultra-Poor” projects via the Financial Access Initiative blog.
- Kiva outlines their commitment to responsible microfinance, including their participation in the Responsible Finance Forum, their endorsement of The Smart Campaign’s Client Protection Principles, and more.
- David Roodman analyzes Compartamos’ interest rates, and follows up by comparing those rates to those of other Mexican MFIs.
- The India Development Blog tackles the question: “How can we make it easier for India’s migrants to send money back home?”
- Last of all, NextBillion brings us an Egyptian POV, interviewing Iman Bibars of Ashoka Arab World. She presents her perspective on social entrepreneurship in Egypt, as well as her view on the uprisings the country is currently experiencing.