> Posted by Michelle Romeu
Last week, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) made changes to their regulations in light of the recommendations of the Malegam Committee. Take a look at a sample of thoughts on the matter:
- M-CRIL assesses the strengths and weaknesses of the new regulations for India’s microfinance sector.
- The MIX looks at the potential effects that the new regulations could have on differently sized microfinance institutions in India.
- India Development Blog discusses the challenges of effectively implementing the new regulations.
Elsewhere in the blogosphere:
- David Roodman ponders where the next microfinance crisis (reminiscent of the troubles in Andhra Pradesh) could develop.
- CGAP continues its series on savings by exploring Haiti’s borlette—“part casino, part dream parlor, part bank”—system; suggesting that a prize-linked savings program could motivate more people to adopt effective savings practices.