> Posted by Anita Gardeva
ACCION International, creator of the Microfinance Cracking the Capital Markets Conference series, is partnering with Citi Foundation and EDA Rural Systems to organize Microfinance Cracking the Capital Markets South Asia 2010, in Delhi, India, June 23-24, 2010. Registration is now open!
Microfinance Cracking the Capital Markets will bring together major institutional, private and social investors that are currently involved in microfinance or interested in entering the sector. Mainstream investors like KKR India, ICICI Prudential and Sequoia along with microfinance veterans such as Dilli Raj (SKS Microfinance), Eric Savage (Unitus Capital),Vijay Mahajan (Basix), and Royston Braganza (Grameen Capital india), will share their thoughts on the most pressing questions facing Indian microfinance investment today, including:
- What innovative financing structures are available to institutions seeking capital?
- Are Indian MFIs overvalued as some investors perceive?
- Are there too few MFIs in India to satisfy the vast investment appetite?
- Who are the region’s potential MFI leaders in the next decade?
What risks face Indian microfinance institutions and investors and how are they handling those Who Should Attend?
- Banks – international, development, central, regional and India-specific
- Institutional, private and social investors
- Microfinance investment funds
- MFIs – expanding NBFCs seeking equity or MFIs looking to diversify and increase debt funding
- Rating agencies – social and financial raters, specialized and mainstream